THE VALE SHOW
Bank Holiday Monday
27th May 2013
Showjumping, Ridden & In-hand Classes.
To be held at: Little Hatherleigh, Nr Ansty/Stoke Wake, Dorset.
Ambulance in attendance
Entries to secretary: Miss LM Hemingway BHSAI. 30 Rosefields, Blandford, Dorset. DT11 9PX Tel: 01258 268695 Mob: 07843 062830
Pre Entries Close: 20th May 2013 Entries £8 all classes Late Entries £9
All proceeds to Cancer Research UK
To download an entry form click here
Ring One Showjumping Commences 9 a.m.
Run to BSJA Rules. All clear rounds move forward to jump off at end of class.
Class 1A Minimum Jumping 1ft 6 Pony to be lead, no spurs.
Class 1B Minimum Jumping 1ft 6 Open to any horse or pony, no spurs.
Class 2 Horse & Hound Up to 2ft One ridden round, one round leading dog. Fastest
Clear round wins.
Class 3 Novice 2 ft Horse/rider combination not to have won more than
three 1sts. No spurs.
Class 4 Open (after 12am) 2 ft 3 Open to all.
Class 5 Open 2 ft 6 Open to all.
Class 6 Open Up to 2 ft 9 Open to all.
Class 7 Open Up to 3 ft Open to all.
Ring Two Ridden Show Commences 10 a.m.
Class 8 Best Turned Out Open to any horse or pony.
Class 9 Mountain & Moorland Open to all full and part bred ponies.
Class 10 Coloured Riding Horse/Pony Open to any height. To include skewbald, piebald,
Appaloosa and spotted.
Class 11 Riding Horse/Pony Will split if sufficient entries. Ridden in snaffle.
Class 12 Lead Rein Pony Pony not exceed 12.2 hh
Class 13 Veteren Open to all horses/ponies over 16 years.
Class 14 Ridden Cob Open to all cob types.
Class 15 Working Hunter Jumps approx 2ft 6
Ring Three Inhand Show Commences 10 a.m
Stewards will do their best to accommodate if classes clash.
Class 16 Best Condition Open to any horse or pony over 4 years of age.
Class 17 Veteren Open to all horses/ponies over 16 years.
Class 18 Family Horse Open to any horse over 15hh.
Class 19 Youngstock Open to any horse/pony under 3 years. No colts.
Class 20 Coloured Horse/Pony Open to any height. To include Skewbald, Piebald, Appaloosa,
Class 21 Mountain & Moorland Open to all part and full bred ponies.
Class 22 Child Handler Children under 12 years. Pony over 4 years.
Class 23 Riding Horse/Pony Will split if entries permit. Riding Horse open to any horse over
1. The organiser & landowner cannot accept any liability for damage, accident, injury or loss to horses, riders, spectators or personal property.
2. Jumping Classes will be run under current BSJA rules.
3. Hard hats conforming to PAS 015 or BS EN 1384 must be worn.
4. No horse or pony under 4 years may enter any ridden class.
5. No horse or pony to be ridden by more than one rider in any class.
6. Objections must be made within 15 minutes of the alleged offence and must be accompanied by a fee of £10.00, which will be refunded if the objection is upheld.
7. Entry fees are not refundable or transferable under any circumstances.
8. The organisers reserve the right to refuse entry.
9. Anyone abusing/galloping their horse/pony will be asked to leave.
10. The judge may disqualify any competitor for misuse of whips or spurs.
11. Classes may be cancelled if insufficient entries.
12. In the event of adverse weather conditions, it is the competitors responsibility to seek confirmation as to the cancellation of any event.
13. All young children must be kept under control at all times and must not be allowed to play amongst the horses.
14. Riders age taken on day of show (where applicable).
15. No entire horses in any showing/jumping classes.
16. Dogs to be kept on a lead.